la lalalallalaaaaaaaaa
1/15/2006 03:01:00 AM | Author: Simply Jen

ok so I couldn't think of a title.
The getting up early to clean thing so didn't happen. I am not going to say I slept late...because that would imply there was sleeping done. I think I dozed late. I kept waking up and I know I hit snooze steady for almost an hour. I was so tired this morning but while I was getting ready to go shopping, my wonderful husband called and that made my day...ok so it made my week!

He is like some wonderful drug that is an instant mood booster. Ok so we've had one or two discussions that ended with me in tears, but that was more me than him. Today we had our first "real" conversation since he left. It wasn't awkward, it wasn't rushed, it was just us. I'm not going to lie and say it made missing him all better, but it makes such a big difference hearing his voice. He is really doing very well and that makes me happy. It honestly used to make me so jealous I hated myself for it, but now it makes me happy. He's much more likely to do a good job and be safer if he's happy. He's making friends and that is really great because when he's home he doesn't really try to make friends. It's work then us and he is fine with that, but now he will have guy friends and I think that will be great for him even when he gets back.
I have to say it was good to be in a store today. I ended up getting everything on my list and spending a lot less than I thought I would. It made me very happy. My son was amazingly well behaved. I think hearing his dad's voice helped him a lot. He still wouldn't talk to him but that's ok. He will when he's ready. Usually while we are shopping, he is trying to run around the store and pulling stuff off the shelf, but this tiem he was so well behaved. He didn't try to get out of the little car he was "driving" until we were in line to pay. That was him in a confined space for about an hour and not complaining once! He was also very well behaved when we got home. He was so much more like my little man. The only down part was that he passed out on the couch at 6:30 and as hard as I tried, I couldn't wake him. I put him in bed and laid down myself but I couldn't sleep and of course as i finally slept, he woke up. Hopefully he won't be up too late. The not sleeping well last night has me tired and I have a lot of cleaning to do tomorrow.
Monday night i'm babysitting two girls for a little while. I'm looking forward to it. I think these girls are fun and very cute. It's a nice change from my all boy world.
|
This entry was posted on 1/15/2006 03:01:00 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: