A good day
1/25/2006 04:04:00 AM | Author: Simply Jen

It's so good to type that in the title and really mean it. I woke up this morning to my husband messaging me saying he was online. I came downstairs and we talked for about an hour online. It was great. After that I went upstairs to see what my son was getting into. We decided to hang out in his room for a while and while we were in there, we saw two rainbows right outside his window. They were gorgeous, but we didn't get to take pictures. They disappeared really fast.


It rained all day off and on. The weather is so weird here. I went out to check the mail and when I opened the door, it was pouring down rain..I'm talking a river running to the drainage area pouring down rain. I checked on my spider plant that is under the covered area and within two minutes it went to a drizzle and the sun was out.
The mail held two wonderful letters from my husband. The first one was your normal "how are you, I'm fine..this is what's going on" type of letter. Short and too the point. Typical husband stuff. He included some of his drawings with them and I will share my favorite ones in a separate post. The second letter was definitely something I wasn't expecting..well I was expecting it because he told me he had sent me a "crude" letter...his words..not mine. I wouldn't say this letter was crude but it certainly was a blood warmer. I so love that man.
The rest of the day was spent hanging out sort of. I had planned on us getting out of the house and going for a walk and to the playgrounds, but the rain kept us in. My son ended up falling asleep for a little while and I tried to lie down, but I couldn't really rest. I was worried about him because he hadn't eaten all day and didn't eat much yesterday either. He just wasn't really being himself. I guess he was tired. When he woke up he asked for pizza and I went ahead and got it. I really just wanted to have him eat something. Apparently he's not all that hungry or something because he didn't eat very much at all. Enough that I won't worry, but not his normal appetite. I'm hoping he's not getting sick, but I'm going to try and not obsess about it. Just watch him over the next few days.
My husband messaged me a few minutes ago and we talked just a few minutes then he had to go. He said he's going to try and get online again later in his day so hopefully I'll be able to talk to him then. Of course all of this talking to him means I probably won't hear from him for another week. That seems to be how it goes, but that's ok. I'm taking what I can get and the rest of the time I'm writing letters to him. That is making all of the difference. I didn't realize how much of a difference it made but it really does.
It is still raining so I'm not really seeing us going to the playground. I'm finally feeling a little better, so I will try and get some cleaning done and find something fun for me and my son to do. I hope he is more himself tomorrow. He's been spending a lot of time playing in his room and all but ignoring me. I think he's just missing his daddy. My husband promised me that he would try and get a letter or drawing or something out to my son today. I hope he can stick with it. I know it's not always something he can control, but I really hope he can. My son needs to hear from his Dad. He finally talked to him on the phone last week and that was a major breakthrough. My son has been refusing to talk to my husband so when he took the phone from me and talked to him, we were both relieved. I always let him hear him. I keep it on speaker phone as long as the conversation is appropriate.
Well I'm going to post the pictures and then head to bed. Here's to more good days!
|
This entry was posted on 1/25/2006 04:04:00 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: