TV tonight
2/12/2006 06:10:00 AM | Author: Simply Jen
Tonight I had a rare treat. I actually was able to watch something on television that was not Disney, Nickelodeon, or Cartoon Network related. Usually this happens when it is late at night and nothing worth watching is on. Tonight I found two new shows that were really good.
They weren't really new shows, but I had never seen them before.
The first show was Trick My Truck on CMT. It was a really great show. I'm honestly surprised at how much I enjoyed it as that is not my type of show generally, but I really liked it. The Chrome Shop Mafia all had great personalities and incredible talent. My dad was a truck driver for a while and I remember taking a trip with him once from Cameron to Morgan City. It was a lot of fun. It would have been even more fun if he had one of these awesome trucks. I watched three episodes and each of them were interesting.
The second show I watched was one I really was not expecting to like. It is called 30 Daysand is done by Morgan Spurlock of Supersize Me fame. His wanted to see what would happen if he convinced people to spend 30 days in someone else's shoes. Now I have had no desire to see Supersize Me so that is not what drew me to the show. The show was on minimum wage and he was going to put himself and his girlfriend through a month of trying to live on minimum wage and I wanted to see how badly he was going to misrepresent it. It turned out that they actually lived on low income. It wasn't minimum wage, but it was still what people made doing the work they did. They didn't use any clout to get better jobs and at one point he worked two jobs. He worked through a temp agency and at a pizza place. Alex worked at a coffee shop doing dishes and waiting tables. They lived like so many people have to live every day and even had to deal with the injuries/illnesses with no insurance. At the end of the 30 days they sat down with all of the money they had left and ended up owing for the doctors bills. Instead of having the attitude of "it's over and we can just pay these off and be done with it" They were genuinely disheartened by it. I was so glad that they showed it the way life really can be and not some glamorized version. I am looking forward to seeing the other episodes of this show.
Tomorrow night it is fiction. Tomorrow night it is part two of Grey's Anatomy's big Code Black show. I'm looking forward to it. Now I just have to remember it's coming on. Well I'm off to watch the rest of Chasing Liberty and go to bed.
|
This entry was posted on 2/12/2006 06:10:00 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: