Finding Treasures
2/19/2006 06:42:00 AM | Author: Simply Jen

We find little treasures in the oddest of places. Today when I was looking for my tax forms from last year, I looked through an expandable file that I keep some papers in. After I found the paper, I came back downstairs and finished my taxes. About 30 minutes ago I went back into my room and found the contents of the folder spread all over the bed. Oh the joys of having a child.

This folder had a bunch of papers in it that apparently one of us just stuffed in there. They were some my husband got while in Basic or AIT. As I put them back in the folder, I found a pad of paper that he used to write me letters. The pages were falling out of it and though it was mostly blank paper, one of them had what looked like a letter and upon closer inspection it was addressed to "My lover." Well since we've been married for almost seven years and this was just last summer, I felt this gave me the right to read it. Upon reading it, I knew it was definitely for me. I want to share it with you, but first I need to give you a little background so that you can understand just why I consider it a treasure.
My husband has a nickname for me. One that only he uses and that is very special. I honestly don't remember when he started calling me it. I don't know if we were just engaged or already married. Before you start thinking I'm horrible for not remembering, let me explain. It seems like he's always called me it, so it's hard to remember the first time. It's not something he calls me every day, just something when he is being very sweet or romantic. He actually gave that name for the flower delivery this Valentine's Day. I was very surprised when the Fedex guy called me by it. I almost started crying. No, I'm not going to tell it to you, but it involves the moon. That is all you need to know. It isn't unusual for him to shorten it and call me his moon. Of course my reply is usually "If I'm your moon, then you are the sun that helps me shine." Cheesy, maybe, but it's us.
Since you put up with that little bit of history, here is the letter.
My Lover,
My Bride,
I'm missing you very much right now. The skies are dark and the moon seems distant. Its light still shines. The beams cascade upon me. I feel its majesty. Still, it seems so far away. Out of reach.
But I will climb the mountain and once again be able to touch the moon. I will melt into it and it into me. We will be one. I will bathe myself in its light.


The letter is dated 1AUG05 and I don't really think he ever finished it. That's probably why he never mailed it. This was either just after we had spent a night together over the weekend or just before. I don't remember which. I'm really thinking after. I do know he was having a really hard time with being away from us at this point. I can remember him calling me one night and being very sad sounding. Here we are a little more than six months later and in a similar position. Finding this tonight was like finding a treasure. One that I will cherish for years to come. Now I just can't help but wonder if he feels the same now when he sees the moon as he did that night all those months ago.
|
This entry was posted on 2/19/2006 06:42:00 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: