puppies, flowers, and taxes.
2/19/2006 04:00:00 AM | Author: Simply Jen

My son discovered a dog that came in the package that we were sent for Christmas. A few of the toys that came in it ended up in the hall closet so he is just now finding them. This dog is a tiny stuffed puppy. It's really soft and super cute. When I say tiny, think small breed newborn puppy. Anyway, my son has named it "doggie doggie." It's really cute when he says it and I don't think he had named it until I asked him what the dogs name was.
He has been totally into the pet thing lately and I've honestly thought it would be nice to have a dog. I always had a pet growing up and I really miss it. Don't miss the work that comes with taking care of it, but when you get a good pet,it's worth it. I think when my husband comes home on R&R we might see about going to get a dog. I really think it might would be a good thing. I will give my son some of the responsibility of taking care of it and I think that would be a good thing for him.

I did my taxes today and was really glad it was easier than I thought it would be. I'm glad I was able to file electronically and not have to go in and have someone else do them for me. I love being able to do them myself. Makes me feel like those accounting classes I'm still paying for weren't totally wasted. We will be getting a nice return this year and, for the first time in a long time, we don't have it already spent. Oh sure I'm thinking of a few things I would like to get, but it's not like I have to use it to pay off bills. That's how it's been for the past 6 years. A few years it was paying off bills. Another it was buying a new car, then just the next year it was paying to have a new engine put in the car. Last year it was a life saver as my husband was at basic and our pay was totally messed up. That income tax money is what kept me from not having the money to feed my kid and pay my electric bill. It was a life saver. This year we have no bills to pay off as I paid off the last one last week. (Insert happy dance here) As soon as that money is in the account, I am buying myself the computer I really want. I could use money in savings to buy it, but if I were just using my savings money, I would go a lot cheaper and end up having to buy another computer in a few years. This way I can get a really great computer that has everything I want and need on it and not feel guilty about it. Even with that and a few clothes for myself and my son and some sent to my husband to spend as he wishes, we will still have plenty to add to our savings account. I'm beyond thrilled.

All in all, today was a pretty good day. I've had some funky stomach thing, but I've had worse. My son has been pretty good for once. A sad spot in my day was when I noticed a bunch of rose petals on the cabinet my roses are sitting on. At first I thought my son had torn them off as he has been known to do that, but I shook the rose and several more petals fell off. They are starting to die and that makes me sad. It was really nice having something so special from my husband to look at all the time. That and I'm a big fan of roses. It's really not that big of a deal though. I'm sure it won't be the last thing my husband sends me. Besides, compared to a lot of days I've had since he left, this was a really good one. Here's to many many more good days.
|
This entry was posted on 2/19/2006 04:00:00 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: