Letters Home
2/10/2006 09:15:00 PM | Author: Simply Jen

Letters are a sanity saver for me. I love getting mail from anyone, but especially my husband. Well today my son received his first real letter from Daddy. He couldn't have cared less about the actual letter and refused to let me read it to him. He did however love the drawings that he had included in it.
I'm posting them on here. Before anyone goes all OSPEC on me, they are not of specific places or actual things that have happened. They are just drawings of soldiers he did for my son. I went in and erased name and rank from them.





I received a letter for myself from him yesterday. I also received some drawings I won't be sharing on here. They were definitely for me only. The letter was like 15 pages long and spanned over a week. It was awesome. I love that we are communicating so much. Today I received a card I think was meant for Valentine's Day. I didn't know that until I opened it. I have to share the card front because it was cute.








I don't know if you can read it but it says 'The Army--"Target Practice."' The inside reads
If practicing makes perfect, and absence the heart grow fonder, we'll practice technique 'til your knees grow weak, and you know how I've missed you over yonder!
I thought it was cute. He wrote a really mushy poem in it but I'm going to be selfish and keep that to myself.
The card is made by Patriot Greetings. A portion of their proceeds goes into a college scholarship fund for the sons and daughters of military personnel who have fallen or were seriously injured in the line of duty. I think that is a great thing! You can check them out here. I haven't really looked it over very well yet, but they seem to have some cute cards.








|
This entry was posted on 2/10/2006 09:15:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: