Sleep, sweet sleep
2/20/2006 10:22:00 PM | Author: Simply Jen

I'm sitting here remembering that, a little over two months ago, it was not unusual for me to be in bed by 10pm. Oh, how I long for those days. I have not gone to bed before 6 am for the past two nights. I was already having trouble falling asleep before the past two nights, but at least it was still dark out when I went to sleep then. I would stay up until about 3 am when my husband would see me online and tell me to go to bed.
Well two nights ago my son fell asleep about 9 pm or maybe a little before only to wake up around 11pm and be wide awake. Well normally that would be ok because he'd fall asleep not too much later, but he snuck the pepsi I had bought earlier in the day and drank half of it before I realized he even had it. It would figure that this was one of the nights I wanted to go to bed at a decent time. Finally at sometime around six in the morning he crashed from his caffeine high and I crawled into bed. We slept until noon which was fine because we didn't have anything planned for the day.
All day yesterday I felt so wiped even though I managed six hours of sleep. There is just something about sleeping during the day that doesn't do it for me. I just never feel rested enough. Last night I was looking forward to going to bed at a decent time, but I just couldn't really seem to get tired. My son was asleep around midnight, which was late for him, but it was early considering the day he'd had. I stayed online doing whatever I was doing..I honestly don't remember. About 1:30 my husband came online. I hadn't talked to him in a few days so I was happy to see him. Normally when he is on at this time of his day, it is a quick hello and then he is back to work. Even when he isn't in the middle of a work day, it's very rare when we can talk for more than the 30 minute time limit. Well last night we were able to talk for about 4 hours. It was so great to talk to him and after about twenty minutes of talking to him, I forgot I was tired. We finally got off the computer around 5:30 my time and by the time I made it to bed it was right around six. He tried to call me about 20 minutes later because I had asked him to. I really wanted to hear his voice. For some reason, we couldn't get a connection so he went ahead and went to chow then came back and called me. I ended up being able to get a few hours sleep after that, but today I feel like I'm dragging once again. I wonder how long it will take me to get back into a sane sleep pattern.
I feel very much like the dummy today. I'm supposed to be at bible study right now, but I thought that maintenance was going to be coming this afternoon to finish working on my fence and I didn't know how long it would take so I didn't even bother finding someone to keep my son or a ride to the study. It didn't even dawn on me that today was President's Day and there would be no maintenance workers around today. By the time my super smart self realized this, I felt it was too late to ask someone to keep my son and try and find a ride. I so feel stupid. What's worse is I never remembered to call the woman doing the bible study and let her know that I wasn't going to be able to make it. If I had she would have been able to tell me I probably had the wrong day in mind and I would have been able to make arrangements. I swear, my memory is horrible lately. I guess I will just have to make it next month and learn how to set better reminders for myself. I have to do something..this is getting sad.
On a much lighter note, tonight was the debut of Power Rangers: Mystic Force. Not a big deal to me, but my son has been waiting for this since November or December when they first started showing teasers for it. He is a big Power Rangers fan and this just made his day. I personally thought it wasn't one of the better Power Rangers, well as far as the quality of that show can go, but hey, he's happy so I'm happy. He actually seemed to get bored with it though so maybe I will be spared the torture of watching it on a regular basis.
I'm going to get off of here and go do stuff that actually needs to be done. I bet most of you wish I had done that at the beginning of the post and spared you the dullness that is my life.




|
This entry was posted on 2/20/2006 10:22:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: