From a Distance
2/06/2006 05:51:00 AM | Author: Simply Jen

I spent some time tonight writing in my various journals and writing my husband a letter. We have been writing stories and things back and forth, so tonight I thought I would try and do so again. I started out to write one thing, but ended up with something completely different. I liked it so much that I ended up emailing it instead of including it in my letter. I've decided to share it here on my blog. I never claimed to be a writer, so don't have high expectations. I just put on paper what is in my heart or mind at the moment. I hope you enjoy it.


    FROM A DISTANCE



From a distance, I sit here wanting you. Needing you. Do you feel my need?
From a distance, I dream about your touch, your smell, your taste. Do you want me?
From a distance, it seems like forever since I was last in your arms. Do you miss me?

Reach out to me, from a distance.
Reach into me, from a distance.

Kiss me.
Touch me.
Fill me.
Make me.

From a distance, dreams come true. Are you dreaming?
From a distance, I can once again be with you. Can you feel me?
From a distance, we remember we are never apart. Will you love me?

When all we have is from a distance, we have to make it enough.
When all of our wants are from a distance, we have to give that much more.
When our hearts are held from a distance, the distance seems not so far.

From a distance, I sit here wanting you. How I need you.
From a distance, I dream of you. You surround me.
From a distance, I remember the last time I was in your arms. How I miss you.

I’m reaching out to you, despite the distance.
I’m reaching into you, despite the distance.

Kissing you.
Touching you.
Surrounding you.
Completing you.

From a distance, you are my dream come true. I’ll keep dreaming.
From a distance, I am part of you. I can feel you.
From a distance, I will always be with you. Oh how I love you.

When all we have is from a distance, we have to make it enough.
When all of our wants are from a distance, we have to give that much more.
When our hearts are held from a distance, the distance seems not so far.

Close your eyes, my love, and reach out to me. For in our love you will no longer have a need to say,
“From a distance"


|
This entry was posted on 2/06/2006 05:51:00 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On 8:21 AM, February 06, 2006 , Anonymous said...

That was great!