Remebering You
2/22/2006 04:03:00 AM | Author: Simply Jen

The video I have up now is of a song I found quite by accident. I was looking for a different Steven Curtis Chapman video, but this turned out to be the only one they had. I watched it and instantly fell in love. The song is featured on the Chronicles of Narnia soundtrack and obviously a lot of the video is actually clips from the movie. I haven't seen the movie, but this made me want to all the more.

I put the video up so my husband could see it because I knew he would love it. It turned out that he couldn't see it anyway, but I'm leaving it up. I'm posting the lyrics too because this song has come to mean a lot to me.

This is what Chapman had to say about the story and the song.

The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe leaves me with a constant reminder... that every time I experience spring or new life or a new day, that these are a picture of redemption and of restoration. I want to remember what that means and what that represents, and that this truth is not just for things in the past, but also this hope is for the future.

I wrote the song “Remembering You” that is from the perspective of a lot of the characters in the book, it could be Lucy, it could be any of the children at the end of the story saying, “Whenever I see the first signs of spring, I’m going to be remembering you. I’m going to be remembering Aslan, remembering the story and what is to come.”


In my current situation, I hear it and can't help but think of my husband. The first two verses could have been written just about us. They fit us so well. We met in the oddest of places and I was in a very dark place in my life. I knew very very early on that there was something special about him. I have found so much of myself through him and he has shown me a life I didn't know could exist. This song is so amazing. It is yet another example of Chapman's excellent song writing talent.

Remembering You
Steven Curtis Chapman and Caleb Chapman



I found You in the most unlikely way
But really it was You who found me
And I found myself in the gifts that You gave
You gave me so much and I

I wish You could stay
but I'll, I'll wait for the day

Chorus
And I watch as the cold winter melts into spring
And I'll be remembering You
Oh and I'll smell the flowers and hear the birds sing
and I'll be remembering You, I'll be remembering You

From the first moment when I heard Your name
Something in my heart came alive
You showed me love and no words could explain
A love with the power to
Open the door
To a world I was made for

Chorus
And I watch as the cold winter melts into spring
And I'll be remembering You
Oh and I'll smell the flowers and hear the birds sing
and I'll be remembering You, I'll be remembering You

The dark night, the hard fight
The long climb up the hill knowing the cost
The brave death, the last breathe
The silence whispering all hope was lost
The thunder, the wonder
A power that brings the dead back to life

I wish You could stay
But I'll wait for the day
And though You've gone away
You come back and

Chorus
And I watch as the cold winter melts into spring
And I'll be remembering You
Oh and I'll smell the flowers and hear the birds sing
and I'll be remembering You, I'll be remembering You

And I'll watch as the sun fills a sky that was dark
And I'll be remembering You
And I'll think of the way that You fill up my heart
And I'll be remembering You

I'll be remembering You
I'll be remembering You
I'll be remembering You

I'll be remembering You

|
This entry was posted on 2/22/2006 04:03:00 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: