Shock..the good kind
3/21/2006 02:39:00 AM | Author: Simply Jen

A week or so ago I ordered some new clothes. I was all excited about what I bought but honestly really concerned about how some of it would fit. I usually have the problem of getting someting in my size and it ends up being too small. Well most of my things came in and I found myself with very different problems. Men, you probably really don't have any interest in the rest of this post so proceed at your own risk. If you do read it and are embarassed or bored, don't say I didn't warn you.

Ok I'll start with the most expensive items. I bought three very expensive, well at least for me, shirts from alight.com. Two of them ended up looking very different in the picture. One of them fits me enitrely different than what the display one looks like. i'm going to chalk it up to different body types. It's also much uglier than the one in the picture. If I can't send it back and get a refund, I'll probably ebay it or something. The second one fits alright. I just have to find a bra i can wear with it. Most people would wear it without a bra, but I don't have the ablity to get away with that. It is an empire waist and I know better than to buy something like that. I just can't wear it without a good bra. Oh well..The only complaint I have about it that has to do with the company is the fact that the fabric looks much different on the pictures and it is very very sheer. I love the way it fit when I tried it on with a bra. I'll definitely find a way to wear it. The third shirt was great. It was actually a little big which surprised me greatly.
I bought a pair of slacks and a skirt from avenue.com. I had bought some jeans from them when we first moved here and absolutely love them. The skirt I bought is a jean skirt and I bought it in the same size as the last skirt and my jeans. I pulled it on without unbuttoning it!!!! Now this is where the bragging comes in. I've been watching what I eat up until about three weeks ago. When my grandfather came and I actually went out, that went to hell and i've been slowly recovering the good habits. I knew I had lost weight, but this was amazing. The pants I bought were a size smaller and it will not be long before they are too big! That made my night. Usually I can find any shirt I want in a size that fits well but pants I can never get to fit. I'm so thrilled!
The other package was some bras I bought from Penney's. I have never bought bras from there but they had a strapless bra in my size. I'm very well endowed and this was the first time I had ever seen one in my size. I had to try it at least. I put it on tonight and was very surprised at the support it offered. The only problem? It was a cup size to big! Now I can stand to loose a cup or two and still have way too much...no matter what my husband says. The other two bras fit in the cup size but were a little big around. They supported really well and will last a while I'm sure so I'm keeping them.
I have never tried on so many clothes and had the problem be they were too big. Never in my life have I had that problem. This makes eating the bowl of not so great tasting weight control oatmeal instead of ordering a pizza for dinner worth it. This makes drinking water and sugar free drinks instead of soda worth it. This makes me want to work a little harder and start exercising. I'm not saying I will ever be a small woman and honestly that's not my goal. My goal is to be healthier. I will never be what all the charts say is my ideal weight. Honestly my goal is about 50lbs over it. Even if I never reach my goal, I will be happy just losing half of it. Especially since they say even 10 pounds makes a difference. It is a really big goal so I am taking it bits at a time. Right now I want to lose 50lbs. I'm almost halfway there. It will be interesting to see where all of this leads. I can't believe I'm even putting this out there. I will be really impressed if I indeed press enter.
|
This entry was posted on 3/21/2006 02:39:00 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: