Enough already
3/10/2006 02:09:00 AM | Author: Simply Jen
Today was one of those days that drains you and leaves you feeling like you have nothing left to give. Emotionally at least. I have to say physically I was feeling much better than yesterday, although I still felt like someone zapped all of my energy. Hopefully all will be better in a day or two.
Emotionally it was one heck of a day. Last night I got a phone call from the girlfriend of my friend. She was crying and told me to call her back. Well I tried calling her back once last night and several times today, but never heard anything from her. I wouldn't have thought much about her calling, but I was worried that something might have happened to my friend. I couldn't think of any other reason why she would have called me. I honestly still don't know why she called me, but he is fine.

This evening brought me back to a question that I have asked myself many times throughout my life. Am I ever going to become friends with someone who somewhere down the road isn't going to totally disappointment. I can't go into detail, but I feel like I have had my heart ripped out by someone I cared a lot about. It happens far too often and now I'm trying to figure out what I do that attracts these types of friendships. My mother and husband have both commented more than once on what a tender and giving heart God gave me and they make it sound like this wonderful thing, but honestly, it sucks. I'm tired of being hurt just because I am stupid enough to care. I so don't want this right now. I just want to turn off my feelings and make it through the next year.
My son is asking more and more for his dad. I think it has to do with my grandfather leaving. It probably triggered a few memories for him there. I am very proud of the way he is dealing with it though. He is very precious to me and seeing him sad is really hard for me.
The highlight of my day was hearing from someone we went to church with in Georgia where I met my husband. I hadn't spoken to her since we moved about 4 1/2 years ago. It was great to hear how her family is doing. Her sons were really good friends of my husband's for a good amount of time before I met him. I hope that they will all be able to get in touch with him sometime soon. I know he will like that.
And I will leave you with a laugh today. It's the least I could do since I you were so kind and listened to me whine so much. A few hours ago I went out to check the mail, bringing the trash can back up the driveway as I came back in. That was hard considering it was slick from rain and filled with a lot of rainwater. I'm not exaggerating when I say it had to have at least a couple of gallons of water in it. Anyway...I get back in the house and I can't find my cell phone. I was sure I had put it in my pocket and it had fallen out of my pocket. I was dreading going out in the rain and looking for it. To be sure I hadn't just put it down somewhere in the house, I called it using the main phone. After a few seconds I hear it ringing very close to where I am. I'm talking right in front of my face close. Well I wasn't wrong about the right in front of my face part. Apparently, while sitting talking on my computer, I tucked it in the front of my bra, in my cleavage. It fit so well that I forgot it was even there. At least that didn't happen while I was out in public. Could you imagine the reaction if someone was talking to me and my boobs starting ringing. I know that would definitely get my attention. And that my friends, is my embarrassing moment for the day.

|
This entry was posted on 3/10/2006 02:09:00 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: