Company and Fish
3/07/2006 07:26:00 PM | Author: Simply Jen

My grandfather keeps saying something to the effect of "Company is like fish. After three days, they start to stink." Well we are on our ninth day and I'm really ready for him to leave.
He was going to stay until Thursday night to make sure I got my license done and was able to go to my FRG meeting without having to worry, but my son has a cold that is pretty bad and I have the beginnings of one myself so I won't be taking road tests or carting my son off to a meeting where he can get everyone else sick. My grandfather has the beginnings of a cold too so it's a cranky house today. I want to crawl in my sons bed and us watch tv and sleep, but I have to entertain and be polite. Yep...It's starting to stink.
We went for a drive yesterday and it was really nice. He says we got lost, but I knew where we were. I had no idea where the road would take us but I knew how to get back home from there. Of course I'm just a woman so I know nothing. This man seriously has issues with women. It is no big surprise that he is twice divorced. He has some warped ideas about pretty much everything, knows all, and is not afraid to tell everyone everything he knows...even if it is a load of crap.
Don't get me wrong. I love the man, I'm just glad I live as far away from him as I do. He and my son have been getting along really well, but some of the things he says to my son bothers me. He keeps asking my son if he wants a punch in the nose. Now that isn't really all that bad except that my son tends to repeat what he hears and takes a lot of things seriously. I have also been struggling with his tendency to play fight so I'm just not sure it is the best thing. I warned my grandfather early on that if my son punched him in the nose, it was his own fault. I secretly wish my son would so I wouldn't have to hear it anymore. Aren't I awful?
I have to figure out what to fix for dinner. I'm so tempted to order pizza because I feel like crap and I don't even know if my son will eat anything anyway. I feel bad for not cooking more, but it has been a treat to eat out. I won't do it as much after he leaves. In fact I'll hardly ever eat out. It' been fun eating out after not going anywhere for three months, but I'm so ready for normal everyday life to set in.
Ok I just did something that would have totally humiliated me had I not been in my house. I stepped on a toy or piece of paper or something on my floor and did a split, which is nearly impossible for someone my size, and landed on my girl bits somehow very hard..OUCH!!!!At least if it had been my ass, I'd have had some padding. Geesh. I hope that doesn't happen again anytime soon.
I'll post a few pictures and change the song later. I'm gonna go see if I can't figure out what to feed these people.


|
This entry was posted on 3/07/2006 07:26:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: