The best laid plans
3/21/2006 10:08:00 PM | Author: Simply Jen

I don't know why I don't make plans anymore. I had planned to take my son on a picnic and to the playground, but I wake up to rain. It had rained all night. I decided to just dress him in something old and take him to the playground anyway.

I started my morning the same way I have every morning pretty much for the last week. I talked to my husband online and then came down to fix something to eat. By the time we ate and were ready to get dressed to go, it was looking like it might rain again. A few months ago it wouldn't have deterred me. It used to look like it would rain and then not rain. Well lately it's been raining so much and even when it's sunny. I decided to wait and see if it was going to pass. I threw some clothes in the was and sat down to look up something online. I hadn't been sitting there more than ten minutes when I started having trouble breathing. I figured I was having a panic attack because they sneak up on me, but I didn't have any of the other symptoms that I usually do. I started doing all the things I do to get myself to calm down but my breathing was getting shallower and harder to come by. It finally dawned on me what was going on. For the first time in almost five years I was having an asthma attack. Since it's been so long, I have no inhaler. I was even having trouble remembering if my asthma attacks even felt like this..that's how long it's been. Well my mom called about that time so I asked her some questions and she told me to go stick my head in some steam for a while. I did that and was able to calm myself down enough to breathe again. After about an hour I was breathing normally. I still feel a little bit of the pressure that comes with it and I have what I can only describe as the asthma attack hangover. I hope that goes away soon. I really do. Now I have to make an appointment to go see a doctor so I can get a rescue inhaler in case this happens again.
Bleh, thanks for letting me whine. It's good to get it out of my system.
|
This entry was posted on 3/21/2006 10:08:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: