Writing through tears
12/10/2005 06:08:00 PM | Author: Simply Jen
Boy they weren't lying when they said I would have to take it one day at a time. My husbandhas been gone a few days and they've yet to be the same. Today is awful. I'll be find one minute and crying the next. I'm trying to control the crying because I don't want my son worried, but I can't help it sometimes. He is ignoring me mostly anyway. I think he's missing his daddy a little more today. I think today is harder because he's always home on the weekends. Hopefully this will get better.
I'm also very frustrated with a friend of mine. We offered to pay for her to come stay with me while my husband is gone and she was so excited. But as is typical of her, the very next day she started looking for a million reasons not to do it. She is always so scared of anything new. I swear you would think we were asking her to move across the country and an ocean with no one around her she knew and leaving her alone there for a year...oh wait..that's what happend to me.. She has no steady job, no home of her own and nothing tying her down. I think it would be so good for her to explore something new, but she won't. It makes me very sad for her. She has let her fear rule most of her life and because of it she has missed so much. I am still hoping she changes her mind and comes. It would be fun.
I just recieved word that my husband made it to his destination safe and sound. It will probably still be a while before I hear from him which makes me sad, but it also gives me something to look forward to. He was able to call for a breif moment last night and just hearing his voice was enough to make it through the night with a smile. I had sweet dreams, not that I remember any of them.
Well I'm off to try and drag my son out the door. Maybe some sun will do us both some good.
|
This entry was posted on 12/10/2005 06:08:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On 6:21 AM, December 11, 2005 , Anonymous said...

I know we already talked, but I wanted to remind you that you can do this. You will find your "sea legs" and by the end of this, you will be amazed at the person you have become. Sometimes it will be minute by minute... but one way or another you'll get through this. One time (when I was in a wise assing kind of mood) someone told me to "hang in there". I shot back with "Well, what's my other option???". And then I realized, I had no other option BUT to hang in there. You can go into this year kicking and screaming, or you can take things as they come... either way, this year is going to happen. Don't get me wrong, I've had my kicking and screaming moments... we all do. I am a huge advocate of going ahead and letting yourself have that "good cry" as long as you realize at the end of it you have to pick up the pieces and carry on.

And know that you have friends all over the place that are willing to have that good cry with you, but that are also here to help you pick up those pieces and carry on.