Just call me scrooge.
12/18/2005 02:14:00 AM | Author: Simply Jen
Yes...for the first time in many years I am Mrs. Scrooge. The last time I was a scrooge, I had pnuemonia and couldn't do anything. This year I just am not feeling the holiday season. It has been more about fighting my son to keep ornaments in one piece and presents wrapped than anything. Someone told me to think about his joy on Christmas day as he open gifts. All I think of is trying to keep the wrapping paper from enveloping my house, getting the right batteries in teh right gift and trying to get freaking pictures for his daddy! I get more excitement at the thought of putting away all of the decorations and tearing down the tree. This is so not the normal me. I'm never a grinch.
My dad called today and it was good to talk to him. I think he's really worried about me. He's a dad so he's entitled. I try to convince him I'm fine but I'm not sure how much he believed me. I really am fine. I had a few semi rough days but I'm fine. I told him what my husband said and he laughed. I think the general consensus is that he didn't mean it the way it sounded. I have to agree with it and I really can't wait until I can talk to him.
Ok I guess I'm gonna go be bah humbugish a little more. One week to find some sort of holiday spirit. Wish me luck!
|
This entry was posted on 12/18/2005 02:14:00 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: