Funny
12/10/2005 11:59:00 PM | Author: Simply Jen
Ok so maybe I'm easily amused but I was reading an article on Blowfish being served as a delicacy in Japan and something they said had me laughing really hard.

So why risk it? And why pay the $100-$200 a fugu dinner will generally cost you? Some say they simply like the flavor, and others may be drawn by claims that fugu works as an aphrodisiac (because nothing says sexy like the risk of slow, painful death with symptoms like nausea, diarrhea, sweating and convulsions leading to respiratory failure.)


Like i said. Probably easily amused but that had me cracking up. I'll take any laughter even if it was caused by something silly.

This evening is going better. My dad called and talking to him helped. After my son's bath, he was sort of down so I decided to give him the surprise my husband had left for him. It is a teddy bear that changes into a foot ball, like the old popples did sort of, and it has the US Army black and gold logo on it. Well of course it was stuck in the very back of these really deep cabinets we have over our closets here. I couldn't reach it(for those of you that have never met me, I'm very very short,) so I lifted my son up and like a brave man, and three attempts later, he climbed into the cabinet and pulled it out. He was so excited. Every time we have gone to the PX since we arrived here, he has wanted that bear. He spent about 5 minutes hugging and kissing the bear and then he turned it into a football and we played football for a few. He had me change it back into a bear and then realized he could store his lightsaber in the back of it. Well that just made it all the more better. He called it his R2 bear in reference to the part of Return of the Jedi where R2 has the lightsaber stored in him and shoots it out to help Luke out. It was cute. Definitely a nice ending to a not so nice day.
|
This entry was posted on 12/10/2005 11:59:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On 2:12 AM, December 11, 2005 , Anonymous said...

Blowfish huh??? I think I'll stick to oysters. LOL

That is so neat that he got so excited about the bear! My husband had left my son a bear also (one that they sell at clothing sales dressed in BDUs) and my son refuses to snuggle with it. It's on his dresser, but he never took to it.

I am glad that you guys are doing okay. Continue to hang in there. It really does get better.