My husband..the jerk
12/16/2005 11:16:00 PM | Author: Simply Jen
Don't get me wrong. I love the man and I'm sure he didn't mean to be a jerk but he was. I have carried the stupid cell phone around with me everywhere hoping he would call. I did this even though I knew it would be unlikely he did so and when he did that the connection would suck, but I wanted to talk to him. Well tonight he finally called me and it was so good to hear his voice. He sounds like he is doing really well...yes still slightly jealous as I spent my day dealing with my son writing on walls with marker and not listening to a word I said, but I digress. Back to why I feel he is a jerk... In the course of our conversation I said that I missed him to which he replied "I miss you too, but not overly so. It's really not too bad." WTF??? I miss you too would have sufficed thank you very much. It's nice to know that I miss him so bad at moments that I can't breathe but I rank a not that much on his scale. Like I said..I love the man but he was a bit of a jerk. I know he meant it as a "don't worry I'm ok" sort of thing, but come on...couldn't he have said something different. He said the same thing while he was in basic and knows how bad it bothered me then. It took me weeks to convince myself that the man still cared about me. Not wasting my time this time as I know it is just his incredible way with words, but for the moment I'm a little miffed.

My son wouldn't talk to his Dad. After days of begging me to call his daddy and wanting his daddy, he would have nothing to do with the phone. As soon as I hung up he came over to me and hugged me with a smirk on his face. I asked him if he was mad at his Daddy and he said "yes" and when I tried to talk more he just walked away. He did the same thing while hubby was gone earlier this year, but this is going to be a lot longer than four months so I hope he gets over it. I can understand. His best friend left him with the mean old mommy.

Oh well. At least one good thing came out of this. I feel a lot less guilty for accidentally breaking a tiger statue thing he's had for many years. Yes it really was an accident and I was feeling really bad about it. Now I'm thinking he'll get over it.
|
This entry was posted on 12/16/2005 11:16:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On 2:09 AM, December 17, 2005 , Anonymous said...

I'm sure that came out wrong, but men sure have a way of saying things, don't they!

And your son.... he'll come around. Mine did the same thing at first.