Just a ramble
12/13/2005 11:25:00 PM | Author: Simply Jen
Today was a good day and I managed to keep busy enough that I actually didn't feel so lonely. I have a lot to do in my house so hopefully I will be busy for a while.
My son is trying to get sick. I just know it. He has had a cough at night for the past two nights and this evening he's been lying around more than usual. he's either sick or just really missing his daddy. He has been asking for him more and wanting to look at pictures of him more. Tonight we were looking through them and he smiled and said "It's my friend" and when I asked him who his friend was he said "daddy's my friend" He's never called him that before but it was so sweet. He really still wants to believe he is coming home soon and I hate having to tell him otherwise. It makes me feel mean. I don't like feeling mean.
I need to buy a Christmas present and I have no idea what to buy. I guess I don't really "need" to buy it, but we gave one of the things we bought to someone as a birthday present. My son saw it before I could wrap it and I needed a birthday present so I just used it. Of course, now that i want one for my son, they're sold out. I will figure something out.
My neighbors are moving Thursday and this makes me a little sad, but they are moving to a good place and are happy to just be moving together. She is expecting their second and I am so excited for them. I will be buying their window units from them. They are selling me three of them for $50. I almost feel like I am stealing them for that price. They said one of them is really old but works really well and one is only like a year old. I will probably only use two of them. One upstairs and one downstairs. I'm not sure yet. I won't put them in until next summer. Hopefully I will know someone by then who can help. It's so nice now that I can't see putting them in right now. They told me that later in the winter it gets a little cooler as well. Rains a lot more, but it is still fairly nice. I like the rain here it is so soothing.
It is so odd how your perception of hot and cold can change so easily. I grew up with fairly mild winters. Every once in a while we would get in the 30's but that didn't happen too often. I moved to Georgia and experience my first real winter and I loved it. It took a good bit for me to be really cold. We moved to SC and my father in law was always fussing at me in the winter for not wearing my jacket but I just wasn't cold. Now I move to Hawaii and it's fairly warm. It's December and our lows may get to be in the high 60's if we are luck and we are all freezing! It's so strange! It was probably in the high 70's the other day and we were standing outside in long sleeves talking about how cool it was. I think part of it is the breeze that seems to come out of nowhere. It can be quite chilly sometimes. I usually sleep with my ceiling fan and an oscillating fan, but this morning i had to turn one of them off. I don't know what I'd do with a SC winter now. Probably freeze.
Only a week and half until Christmas and I'm ready for it to be over. I have little bursts of holiday spirit, but nothing like I usually do. I'm usually the annoyingly excited one. This year I'm bordering on bah humbugish. The only thing keeping me from taking my tree down is my son. I'm not willing to ruin it for him. I'll just keep faking it. I'm not sure how much Christmas spirit he has right now. He took our stockings down and replaced them with some Halloween door hangers that he made this year. Of course he still likes to wear his santa hat and watch all of the Christmas specials that come on. I'm all for whatever is working for him that day.
Ok so this a lot longer than I thought it would be. I guess this is the type of rambling my husband got to hear on a regular basis...now I feel bad for him. Oh well. I guess he will get used to wordy. I know the letters I wrote him in basic were so long and always about nothing. He didn't seem to mind.
I just realized that I haven't written him a letter yet. We can't mail anything until next week anyway, but I so need to write him something.. I've emailed him several times. I'm all about instant gratification. It's so much easier to hit the send button then to hang onto a piece of paper for a week and then remember to mail it. I'm awful about putting things in the mail box. I guess I will have to get better at that.
I guess I will make myself shut up now. If you made it through all of this...then you are either a good friend or just really really bored... or maybe both. At any rate..thanks for sticking with me.
|
This entry was posted on 12/13/2005 11:25:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: