Christmas isn't Christmas til it happens in your heart.
12/25/2005 12:40:00 AM | Author: Simply Jen
That used to be one of my favorite Christmas songs and I think that is somewhat true. Christmas hasn't started for me this year and it definitely isn't in my heart. I'm barely walking through the motions. My son had fun opening his presents tonight though. We still have the "Santa" gifts waiting for morning. I usually absolutely love watching him open gifts, but that wasn't even fun for me this year. I never realized how much better family...even just the three of us..makes a difference at Christmas. This has been the worst Christmas I've had since the one where my parents officially divorced.
One bright spot in my day was a package I recieved. At our church in SC I helped with a missions class called Girls in Actioin, or GA's for short. Well they got together and made cards for all of us and collected gifts for my son and myself. These girls meant so much to me and I have missed them all so dearly. This touched me in a way I could never explain.
Well I need to bathe my son and get him to bed so we can be up in time for Church. Mele Kalikimaka to you and your families.
|
This entry was posted on 12/25/2005 12:40:00 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: