Lovin' it
10/23/2006 08:04:00 PM | Author: Simply Jen
It's my favorite time of year here in paradise. Ok so I've only lived here a year, but after experiencing all of the weather patterns, I have to say this is definitely my favorite. It's tradewinds "season" which means beautiful days, nice breezes, and cooler nights. Now the sun can still be really hot if you stand out in it long enough, but the breeze helps cool you down some. This is the time of year that totally makes me feel like it's paradise. It's raining enough that the flowers are blooming nicely but not so much that you can't enjoy the days. We will get afternoon showers sometimes, but the tend to move through quickly or even happen while the sun is out and are light enough you can walk in them and not get more than a little misted. The ones with the sun shining make for another one of my favorite things about Hawaii. RAINBOWS!!!!! I haven't seen a really good one lately, but I expect to see them a little more often now.
Sometimes I still can't believe I live in Hawaii. I wonder if I ever will.

On a totally different note, I'm getting really excited. It's getting so much closer. I ordered a beautiful banner today for when my husband gets home. I'm going to hang it out in front of my house. I had a really hard time thinking up what to put on it. Especially when it came to what to put after "Welcome home." Do I put Daddy? Do I put his rank? His rank is supposed to be changing soon so do I put what he is or what he will be? What if I put what he will be and it doesn't change in time for when they get home? It went on like that for weeks. I had settled on Daddy but then I just didn't want that. I'm telling you it was obsession over a silly banner. I finally settled on something I've always called him that just seemed to work. I'll be sure to post pictures after he gets home. I don't want him catching a sneak peak of it before he gets home. Now I just have to figure out what shoes I'm going to wear for when he comes home, find or make a shirt for my son, and make posters for the place we are meeting them at. I still have plenty of time to do so. At some point I need to start Christmas shopping and shopping for my son's birthday. They both are coming way too quickly. It's weird, but the days are flying by but the nights drag. It doesn't matter though. It will all be here soon.
|
This entry was posted on 10/23/2006 08:04:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: