A good day
10/07/2006 03:08:00 AM | Author: Simply Jen
Tonight was a good night. My sister came and picked us up and the three of us went to Dave and Busters. They seem a little pricy at first but I got three meals at least out of my burger and my sister and son both took home leftover. We also had an appetizer of tempura fried mushrooms (YUM!!!!)and a desert shared between the three of us. With our meal, my sister and I got 10 dollar game cards to use in the midway so it was really a great deal. After we ate, we went up and had a blast playing different games. The only problem I have with it is that I get extremely hot every time we are up there. We turned in our tickets, picked out a few trinket toys for my son and headed out.
We had to go to another base to get some papers I needed from someone then we decided to go to the mall because I had mentioned needing a replacement tongue ring because the ball on mine fell down the sink. I've been wearing the one that came with the piercing but it is too long and gets annoying after a while. Anyway..so We headed into Hot Topic and didn't find anything there so we went to Spencer's because I knew they had at least one I liked. I found quite a few I wanted there, but settled on a pack of five different colored ones and a flat topped one that says "Eat Me" on it and has a fork and a person. Bad, I know, but I love it! We also got my son a Superman costume that he just had to have. It was half price so who am I to argue. I also got a 10% discount with my military ID so YAY!! After spencers we stopped and got some candy and then went to the toy store because I had promised my son we could go in. I gave him $6 and told him he could get whatever he wanted for that. He settled on some playdough. We asked him when we got in the car if he was going to leave it with his aunt so he would have it when he goes to spend the night tomorrow night. He was excited at the idea and we thought it was over.
She brought us home. He had fallen asleep on the way so I had to wake him up. I just had way too much stuff to carry to be able to carry him and he's getting REALLY heavy. He woke up easily enough and came inside. That is when the trouble started.
I was putting food in the fridge when he asked for his playdough. I told him about him leaving it with his aunt so he could have it tomorrow. He didn't like that and started crying. We had a discussion about it and finally he calmed down to sulking and watching tv laying on the couch. Then he asked for his costume. Now he had been told in the store that he would not be able to wear it until Halloween. It was not to play with. I left it in the car so I wouldn't have to keep taking it from him. He threw a little fit and I told him to stop or go to bed. He stopped but later came over to stand by me. This is how the conversation went.

me: What do you need, baby?
him: Gimme that. (pointing to the back of the couch.)
me: Give you what?
him: That phone.(mumbles something I don't understand)
me: Who are you going to call?
him: I call the police?
me: (chuckling) why?
him: I call police and tell on Aunt L.
me: (laughing now) Tell them what?
him: L took my costume. I tell police.

Ok so bad mom, I'm laughing. It was funny. We talked about the Halloween thing again and he eventually got over it. He's drawing with his huge pen he got at D&B and about to go to bed. I just thought that was amusing. At least he knows part of what the police do. He can be too cute.
All in all today was wonderful. The only part that stunk was not getting to talk to my husband. He messaged me at 4 this morning and I'm messaging him back on my phone, falling asleep between messages. When he told me he was considering a nap, I jumped on it. I enthusiastically convinced him to go ahead and we'd talk later. Unfortunately that didn't work out and we will have to wait until tomorrow. The good news is I slept until 10:45. Yes...I said ten. Man it was nice and for the first time in a week I wasn't exhausted all day. Like I said...it was a good day. Hoping tomorrow will be one as well.
|
This entry was posted on 10/07/2006 03:08:00 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: