Lots of rambling
10/02/2006 01:45:00 PM | Author: Simply Jen
My son is out of school this week for his fall break. They go to school year round so they get a week off in October. Lucky me. I was so apprehensive about him being away from me all day and now I crave those quiet hours after I put him on the bus. At least I don't have to worry about him getting on my sister's nerves..which seemed to be way too easy. She was always trying to keep him quiet and still. He's a 5 year old boy...let him be one!! She moved out so now it's just back to the two of us and I'm honestly liking it. I never realized how much my life revolved around not upsetting her. Don't get me wrong. She's not horrible. She just was difficult to get used to. I still love her...just get along better when she's somewhere else!
I have been doing a lot of online shopping for clothes to wear for my husband when he comes home. I have the entire outfit picked out except for the shirt. I bought a shirt that is a gorgeous color and SOOOOOOOO comfortable but it's not oozing sexy. It's more classy sexy. There are a few aspects that will make up for it, but I don't know if I should look for a different shirt or just keep the one I have. I hate making decisions. Good thing I have a little bit to figure it out. I'm getting so excited. I have this list in my head of things I need to get done, but it is in no order so it's a mess. My only hope at this point is that I'm fully healthy when he gets home.
I'm so tired of this being sick thing. I want them to figure out why I keep getting infections. I talked to my doctor and he asked me if I had been tested for Diabetes. I had thought I had in May and sure enough he went back and looked. He said that all of my tests were normal so it's good to know that's it. I'm sort of like "what now? That can't be the end of the subject" but I don't know if it is or not. I'll be seeing a lot of him this week at least so I'll talk to him a little more. Hopefully this week will be my last week, though they did say the other day that I had at last 3 more weeks of the every day thing to go. 31 days left on antibiotics...man I'm tired of being sick.
I said I'd say more about my son's school later on, so I guess I will now. He loves school so much. He gets on the bus every morning excited about going to school. He has loved it since the beginning but seems to be getting so much more out of it now. They put him in a Self contained class that has only 7 kids in it total.They teach the same things the other class did, just at a slower pace and with more one on one attention which is what he needed. He has gone from not being able to count above 6 to counting to 22 in two weeks! His speech is improving a good bit and he walks around counting everything. He loves to be read to now and will actually pay attention for more than a few pages. He loves to write. He will write random numbers and letters and actually wrote his dad a letter. It's great to see him blossoming but at the same time I wish I could freeze this for my husband to see. I'm saving his papers for when my husband gets home and keeping him as up to date as I can. I know it doesn't make not being here easier though.
The closer we get to the end, the harder it seems to be getting for him. For me it's easier because I have something to work towards now. I have a fixed goal. Well as fixed as you can get in the military. It's so hard for me to not get extremely excited. I just have to make it a little longer and I think I can do it. Man it's been a long year!
|
This entry was posted on 10/02/2006 01:45:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: