Slow Going
5/29/2006 11:37:00 PM | Author: Simply Jen
Earlier this month I went to the doctor and he has been treating me for anxiety and depression. After getting over my initial feelings of failure as a military spouse, I embraced it and was really able to see how out of control things were getting. I'm doing better though it's still a slow going thing. I still occasionally have panic attacks or down days, though never as down as I did before. My sister tells me she can tell when I've forgotten to take my medicine. I'm really glad I have her here to give a nudge when I need it and to help cheer me up when I'm down. It's something I really appreciate. I go for a checkup later this week and we'll see where he wants to go from here.
It is getting very warm here in Hawaii but, when I start thinking I can't stand the heat, I think about my husband dealing with temperatures that have been over 100 for a while now. I try not to worry about him in that heat. He assures me that he is doing arlight with it so I will trust him to be smart and take care of himself. I just wish he didn't have to deal with it at all. It's just another one of those sacrifices he's willing to make. I really am proud of him.
Today is a day that is supposed to be about remembering those who have sacrificed it all and I just want to express my eternal gratitude to them and my heartfelt admiration to their families.It is because of your sacrifices that I have the freedoms I do today. No words can express what that means to me. I will admit that before last year, memorial day was just another holdiay that didn't really mean that much to me. Sitting in the middle of a deployment and realizing that next year it could be me placing a wreath in memory of a friend or loved one changes the way you think about things. SO thank you.
|
This entry was posted on 5/29/2006 11:37:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: