Happy Anniversary
5/24/2006 01:16:00 PM | Author: Simply Jen
ok, as you can see, I'm playing catch up. This one should have been done Monday but I was so tired that I didn't bother.
Monday was my 7 year wedding anniversary. I still can't believe I've been married that long, though sometimes I really can't remember not being married. I'm so thrilled to have made it so long and still be as much, if not more, in love with my husband as I was the day I said my vows.
For the second year in a row, we were not together on our anniversary. I was really expecting it to be the same miserable day that it was last year. Especially after being informed that I was most likely not going to hear from my husband at all that day. Thankfully, it didn't turn out to be true. I ended up having a wonderful day and have my sister to thank for that one.
The day officially started at midnight when my husband got online and wished me a happy anniversary. We talked a little bit before he finally let me go to sleep as I was falling asleep at the computer. I woke up when he messaged me later that morning and we talked for a little while. It was the most wonderful way to start my day. I ended up going back to sleep for a little more then getting up for good.
We had already made plans to go to Dave and Busters later in the evening but really didn't have anything else planned. My sister decided she wanted to take us to go see Over the Hedge so we headed out to go see it. On the way, we stopped off at the post office and grabbed a bite to eat on the way then got some gas. My sister was in one of her silly moods and she had me laughing so hard the whole time we were headed out. Heck, she had me laughing most of the day.
This was the first time I'd been to the movies in years and the first time ever going with my son. He and his dad had gone to see Chicken Little before he left but I didn't go with them. I was nervous because he has a hard time staying still very long and i didn't know how he was going to do with being quiet. He ended up doing really well. He was a little loud a few times but it was ok. it's not exactly a movie you have to be quiet in all the time. We really enjoyed it.
After that we headed out to Dave and Busters. I've never been to this place or the area it was in so this was a good adventure for me. It was in a very nice location and was a lot of fun. We went to the midway to play games and my son had a blast. He and my sister played most of the games and I had fun watching them. We had a slight incident and had to leave for a bit but came back and ate dinner then played a few more games. It was pretty late so we cashed in our tickets and picked out a few prizes. My son ended up with a stuffed superman. My sister picked a purse and I picked a stuffed dog. I ended up naming the dog Dave.
On the way home we sang along with the radio and just had a good time all together. My son crashed and not long after we were home I went to bed myself. My sister came in not long after to let me know my husband was on the computer. For the third time that day, I was able to talk to him. It went from being a day I thought would be totally crappy to a wonderful day. This was one of those times when I'm so thrilled I was totally wrong.
|
This entry was posted on 5/24/2006 01:16:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: