No news is good news?
5/05/2006 03:28:00 AM | Author: Simply Jen
I had a friend tell me today that she was concerned that I wasn't really doing ok because I had been quiet lately. I have thought about it off and on today and remembered that my mom posed the same question yesterday. She hadn't heard from me in a few days and was worried. It worried her even more that I had nothing to say when she called.
I've not got a very exciting person. My life is fairly hum drum, but I very rarely can not find something to ramble about, but lately I just have no words. For anything.
I was talking to my husband the other day and I told him I felt like he was distant lately. I thought that all of the trouble we have had talking lately was him pulling away. Now I'm starting to think it's me. Maybe I'm the problem?
I have to admit I've felt so emotionally overwhelmed lately. Even a sappy commercial is more than I can seem to handle. I promised two of my friends if I can't get a handle on things soon I would seek help. The professional kind. At this point, I have no problem asking for medical help. I'm actually getting quite used to seeing my doctor. Good thing I like the man.
Ok so here are some updates on my life of late. My sister is coming to stay with me for a few months. I can't tell you how much help this is going to be. I will be able to get around without having to depend on everyone else. We are paying for her to come stay so i certainly won't feel guilty about dragging her along for the ride.
I had another check up for the Bell's Palsy. My face is much better. He could see a good deal of improvement and frankly I'm thrilled I can taste again. I can tell a difference in some things. He did say it will take a long time. He made sure I got that point clearly and since it is taking so long to clear up, there is a chance that something will not come back. Like the corner of my mouth or my eye..things like that. I will deal because it could be much worse.
Over the past month, we've also been keeping an eye on my blood pressure. It's been a little high and this past time he finally diagnosed me with high blood pressure. I start medicine as soon as I can get to the pharmacy to pick it up. It's not a life or death thing, just something he wants to get under control before it gets there. I've been trying to lose weight, but honestly it's really hard on my own. Thankfully I have a doctor who cares and understands. Instead of making me feel worse, he actually offered help. Real help. Not just advice that is not really all that helpful.
There is a program offered by the army hospital here called Lean -n- Lite or something like that. It's a comprehensive weight loss program that focuses on all aspects. not just the losing weight. It teaches coping mechanisms, healthy exercise programs, and good eating habits. I'm really looking forward to it. I'm ready for something to change.
Well I guess that's all for now. Hopefully I will find my groove again very soon. For now I'm going to shower and go to bed earl. My allergies are driving me insane and all I want to do is rest my eyes.
|
This entry was posted on 5/05/2006 03:28:00 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: