a lovely day
5/27/2006 03:38:00 AM | Author: Simply Jen
Tonight I was able to spend ten minutes in a video teleconference with my husband. I honestly only said a few words to him. The rest of the time was spent watching the two of them talk. It was amazing. I know it did them both so much good to be able to interact.
I checked the mail before we left and one of my anniversary gifts was here. I will admit, when I read what it was on the customs form, I was a little disappointed. It simply said "hat." He had bought me two hats already and I was hoping for something original. Let me tell you, when I opened that box and saw the hat, I was anything but disappointed. It was a ball cap with a special design on the front. I can't really describe it so I'm going to post a picture of it, but first I'm going to explain a little. The design is our symbol. My husband drew it a very long time ago. I don't know exactly how long ago, but it was a long time ago. Just before he came home on R&R, he sent me the typed up meaning behind everything in the picture. I'll post that after the picture.



The open window:
I will always strive to keep this window open. To always be honest with you. To share my secrets and my dreams with you. To be receptive to you and understanding.
The dark sky:
Our future is unclear. We do not know what it holds. Still, we will face this unknown together, hand and hand. We do not have to fear the night.
The single rose:
A single long-stem red rose. A classic symbol of love. Although we may not be as traditional as some, our love is still true. Love last throughout generations.
The moon:
The Renaissance Moon. The rose is offered up to her. My love is offered up to you. You will always be my moon. You are my light in my darkness, reflecting a greater Light. You have gravity over me. I am captivated by your beauty. I am drawn to you. You have a mysterious magic. You have given me a new birth. You have given me a new life. One that we will live out together.
The wine:
The wine in the bottle has intoxicated me. You have intoxicated me with your love. I drink of it, but can never get my fill. I always long for more. I love the power you have over me.
The bottle:
A symbol of my desire for you. My passion. A sexual hunger that only you can fill. I hunger for you.
The stones:
Our past. The years that we have spent together. The events in our lives. Some are smooth and some are rough. None is like another. They build upon each other. They make us who we are.
The keystones:
Three stones in one. The Holy Trinity. It is God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit that keeps us together and keeps us strong. It is He that holds us in His hand.
The arch:
A strong architectural structure. It holds weight by distributing the burden. We will share each othersÂ’ burdens. We will lighten each othersÂ’ load. We shall build each other up and grow closer to each other as we near our Keystone.
|
This entry was posted on 5/27/2006 03:38:00 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On 1:04 AM, May 28, 2006 , Anonymous said...

That is beautiful Jen.

 
On 9:59 PM, May 29, 2006 , Anonymous said...

Wow! That is amazing, and beautiful!