Seeing a difference.
8/14/2006 04:08:00 AM | Author: Simply Jen
This post is really for my husband and for me to express my relief. I know my husband will read this and I'm likely to forget to tell him next time we talk, so here goes..

I'm already seeing a good deal of improvement in my son wanting to learn things and do more educational things. He is even improving speech wise. Tonight he was talking about what he wants to do at school tomorrow and said he wanted to use wizzers and cut cut cut. I asked him if he meant scissors and he said 'yeah! Scissors!" he actually said scissors and said it correctly. That is a big deal because I've been working on that one for a very long time. Tonight he also sat still and let me read him an entire book. On about every other page he wanted to count the turtles on it. He enthusiastically answered questions I asked him and though he still needs work on things, the fact he wanted me to read to him for so long was absolutely wonderful. I love that his teacher is helping him so much. She seems to know his learning style very well.

This afternoon his behavior was a lot better when we were out. We were shopping for a water bottle for him to bring to school every day and couldn't seem to find one anywhere. He behaved his way through three different stores. I never got frustrated with him and it was so nice. Later we discussed classroom behavior and he was telling me what he had to do without prompting. I am so thrilled he is so excited. I am actually looking forward to him going to school tomorrow.
|
This entry was posted on 8/14/2006 04:08:00 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On 9:36 AM, August 14, 2006 , Anonymous said...

That is FANTASTIC, Jen! How proud you must be! Way to go, Gabe!