now i know
8/07/2006 02:03:00 AM | Author: Simply Jen
For the past seven months I've wondered if I made the right decision in saying goodbye to my husband from home instead of going to the base to put him on the bus. Tonight I found out that I absolutely did the right thing. I never would have been able to handle putting him on that bus. How do I know this? A very large unit from the base is deploying and tonight was the night a rather large number of them left. We were on our way to the base to pick up some food and passed the convoy that was headed out to go to the airport. My sister asked what all of the buses were for and I told her. After that I burst into tears. Sobbing my way through the gate I realized that if having to see strangers do that made me sob, I would have never made it through putting my husband on the bus.
I miss him so much.
|
This entry was posted on 8/07/2006 02:03:00 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: