Not so hot.
8/17/2006 05:15:00 AM | Author: Simply Jen
Today it was really hot. Or at least to me. To most of the people on the mainland it was cool. It was around 85F I guess. I have no air conditioning so it felt like I was going to melt in my house. Then the power went out and that meant our ceiling fans didn't work either. We went outside to escape the stuffy heat. It was probably around 80F at this point and I just felt so hot. Sweating so badly that my clothes were sticking to me.
The power is back on and I'm laying in my bed. My fan is blowing on me and I've had a shower so I'm feeling nice and cool. I was reflecting on how hot I was today and looked down at my status bar. I have something on it that tells me the temperature here and where my husband is. It's 78F here and feels nice. Then it switched to my husband's temperature. Where he is it is currently 111F. Talk about made me feel petty. I think I'll stop complaining about the heat and start praying it cools off for him some soon.

More than ever, I admire these men and women over there spending their days out in that horrible heat in full gear all so I can have the freedoms I do. Thank you doesn't even come close to saying enough of how grateful I am, but for now it will have to suffice. From the bottom of my heart, thank you!
|
This entry was posted on 8/17/2006 05:15:00 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: