Read a book
6/15/2006 11:35:00 PM | Author: Simply Jen
I had forgotten how much I loved to read. It really used to be an obsession. In high school, it wasn't unusual to see me maneuvering through the crowds while my nose was stuck in a book. I spent as many lunches as possible in the library combing through the stacks. All of my friends swore I was going to be a librarian. After I had my son I didn't read for a long time. I never had time. Over the past five years I've had periods where I would read a lot then nothing for a long time. With Keith gone so much over the past year, I really haven't had the chance to read. I'm not the type that can usually read and do a lot else. I tend to get totally absorbed in what I'm reading to the exclusion of everything else. Well my sister is here now and I slowly slid back into a book. It took me a while to get into a rhythm and a long time to read what used to take me only a night. Last night I finished a wonderful book and this morning I finished off another that I started yesterday. I think the addiction is coming back because now I want to read more. It feels so good to be getting lost in the land of fantasy again.
I have to recommend the book I finished this morning. It is "Sam's Letters to Jennifer" by James Patterson. Make sure you have a tissue handy. If you like mystery, then I recommend "Nighttime Is My Time" by Mary Higgins Clark. Ok so I recommend any of her books, but that is the one I just finished. I'm not sure what I'll read next. Let me know if you've read either of those books and what you thought of them. I'm also always open to suggestions.
|
This entry was posted on 6/15/2006 11:35:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: