little things
6/15/2006 10:57:00 PM | Author: Simply Jen
It's so odd how things happen when we need them most. I was missing my husband this morning. I've been missing how it felt to be in his arms and honestly sometimes I forget how it feels. I happend upon one of his t-shirts that had somehow been missed before and hadn't been washed. He is much smaller than I am so nothing of his ever fits me but on a whim I decided to try it on. It fit! That wasn't even the exciting part.
I put it on and all of the sudden I was hit with this familiar scent. This scent I had totally forgotten even existed. It was him. That cologne/body scent that is only his. I took the shirt off and it was all I could do to not cry. It was so good to have that. I sat here with the shirt pressed to my face and for a moment he didn't seem so far away. For a minute I could remember what it felt like to have his arms around me and my face against his chest. Sure it made me ache, but it also seemed to help with the desperation that was sneaking up on me as I began to realize it would be a long time still before I got to feel all of that again.
He's online now so I will stop this ramble. My heart is full.
|
This entry was posted on 6/15/2006 10:57:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: