Just some stuff
6/11/2006 02:00:00 AM | Author: Simply Jen
I have sat down several times this week to write an entry and I have found myself lacking in words. There is not a lot of excitement going on. The most excitement we had this week was us playing in our little kiddie pool. All of us are working our way to actually looking like we live in a tropical paradise. It's about time.
My son had a TB test and his shots done this week. He really did very well. The man who placed the TB test totally made the mean mother come out in me. I wanted to knock him out. Not only was he rude, but he was incredibly rough. He left a nasty bruise and made my son bleed. This was the second time we had this done and the first guy didn't even make him sniffle. When we went back to have it read and get his shots I was determined that man was not touching my child. Luckily the other man was doing the shots and it went fairly well. IMy son struggled a little and he fussed some, though it sound more like laughing. All in all, I was really proud of him.
I think one of the funniest things this week was my sister yelling out the car window at a MP. We were coming into the gate where I live and no one was at the gate. A car was a little farther up and it had an MP leaning out the window with a radar gun. She was speeding a little and he yelled at her to slow down. She yells out the window "Okay. Sorry!" I couldn't help it. I died laughing. Later that night when we came through the gate he was checking ID's and gave her a look. Needless to say she's not speeding anymore. Kind of funny.
We are officially past the halfway point. Six more months and he should be back home with us. I know I should be thrilled, but it still seems like it's so long. Some days I wonder how in the world I can go that much longer like this, but I know it's all going to be fine. We'll be a family again and will be all that much more appreciative of each other. At least that is how I'm hoping it will be. For now I will just keep breathing and taking it one day at a time.
|
This entry was posted on 6/11/2006 02:00:00 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: