A smelly subject.
2/24/2009 10:19:00 PM | Author: Simply Jen
I am going to take a moment to talk about something that most people avoid. Gas. The kind that everyone gets at some point, even babies, but no one wants to talk about. It effects everyone differently. Some people are incredibly stinky. Some people are just really noisy. Others suffer in silence with gas that moves nowhere and causes pain, much like what babies deal with. I, unfortunately, fall into that last category. Even more so since having my son. I have been able to sympathize with why babies scream endlessly when dealing with gas. You'd scream too if you felt like your insides were going to explode.
The normal response to gas is to either suffer and stink or take something like simethicone to help relieve some of the pressure. That was the first thing I used to grab but, over time, it has become less effective. A few months ago I stumbled upon a remedy that I am more than happy to share.
A few months ago I had some steamed broccoli that was heavenly but led to 3 days of the most uncomfortable gas I had ever had in my life. I was seriously in pain at times and had taken more than I should have of the gas relief medicine. On the afternoon that third day I decided to have a snack that I often love. Carrots with Italian dressing on it. I love Italian dressing and actually crave it at times. I was craving it this time so I had it. Within minutes I was making magical noises that had my son laughing hysterically and my husband holding his nose. Normally I would be embarrassed but I was so relieved that I didn't care. Not very ladylike but very much more comfortable.
It turns out that vinegar is a natural way to get rid of gas. The vinegar in my dressing is what did the trick. It never occurred to me that something in my refrigerator could cure my stomach woes. I am sure you could take a tablespoon of vinegar and that would do the trick. Not as tasty though. I have heard apple cider vinegar is good for all sorts of things and doesn't taste as bad. I will let you know when I find out. Why am I sharing this embarrassing subject? Simply because there might be someone else out there trying to get some relief and why not share what I learned by accident? Maybe I can save someone else from a few minutes of suffering needlessly.
|
This entry was posted on 2/24/2009 10:19:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: