My fun Saturday.
2/22/2009 02:12:00 PM | Author: Simply Jen
So in my last ramble I said I was exhausted and sure it was the fact that I hadn't been taking the Wellbutrin. This, my friends, is why I am no doctor. I know nothing.
Friday night brought a night of no sleep, even with the addition of the Wellbutrin. About 1:30 am I had a total meltdown. Hysterical sobbing like you would not believe. Before you go thinking I'm a total wuss, this is not normal for me. I am no stranger to sleep deprivation but this was a whole new level for me. I broke down and called the nurse help line because I just felt so horrible and was hoping they would give me some tip so I could get some sleep or something. They ended up telling me that I needed to go see a doctor within 24 hours, even if that meant visiting the ER. We have no urgent care or saturday clinic so I ended up having to spend the afternoon at the ER. My husband was able to come in from the field to take me which is sort of a miracle in itself. This unit tries really hard when they can.
I went to the local ER instead of the one on post and they are really nice there. I had to wait a very long time but that was to be expected. They were extremely thorough. I had labs drawn, blood tests, and even chest xrays to make sure my lungs were cleared after last weeks issues. It turns out that I was having a really bad reaction to Prednisone. That was the reason I was not sleeping and having super bad chills and so jittery. On top of that I am slightly anemic, was dehydrated and have the stomach flu. They pumped me full of fluids and gave me some anti-nausea medicine in the IV and it really did help. I was still exhausted when I left but no longer felt nuts. They told me that I should be able to sleep when the prednisone wore off and that it would only take about 24 hours which would be about 9 last night as I hadn't taken ay medicine that day. I ended up sleeping really well last night and feel somewhat better today. I am definitely feeling more like it's something I can handle without feeling like I'm losing it.
|
This entry was posted on 2/22/2009 02:12:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: