My husband, the stinker, and other random thoughts.
2/10/2009 09:50:00 AM | Author: Simply Jen
I mean the stinker part in the most loving way. He just pulled a fast one on me last night and so he has been dubbed a stinker for a day or two.
Field training is abundant at this duty station. It's just something we very rarely had to deal with in Hawaii. It's not that it's a horrible thing, just one of those annoying things you have to deal with. February apparently is the month for the training as it seems like most of the month will be spent in the field. Last night was supposed to be one of those nights and when the hubby is in the field, we don't talk very much. Maybe once a week or so and, because of that, I was surprised when my husband called last night "just to talk." We jabbered about nothing in particular for a few minutes and then he asked if he could call me back in a few minutes. I told him that it was fine since I hadn't planned on hearing from him at all. I'd just talk to him whenever. About 30 minutes later he calls me and says "oh, I think I forgot to tell you something earlier." Apparently he "forgot" to tell me that he was coming home instead of staying out and that he'd known for weeks that he was going to be coming home. He has one of those rare jobs in the military where, if his direct superior doesn't want to stay out, he can usually come home as well. Not always but it's one of those perks. This apparently was one of those times. Why am I calling him a stinker? Because he just is one. It's very rare he pulls a fast one on me. Definitely not complaining.

In other news, we finally joined the rest of the world and bought a Wii. My son and husband have been wanting one forever and we decided that we would get one with the income tax money. The only system we have ever had is the original xbox system so we are having to adjust to the price of the games for the Wii. Even the used ones are expensive. I guess it's worth it though.
My son asked for Guitar Hero for Christmas so we promised we would get one when we got the Wii. Just my luck, he wants the newest one with all the extra gadgets. Personally, I would have loved the Aerosmith one but that's just me. So far my favorites are the tennis on Wii sports and I am looking forward to downloading the original super mario brothers games. Talk about some memories!
|
This entry was posted on 2/10/2009 09:50:00 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: