It's oh so quiet.
1/13/2009 02:48:00 PM | Author: Simply Jen
I remember a few years ago when my son was home all the time and how he would absolutely drive me insane during the day. I would wish for the time he started school and I could have some quiet during the day. If you had told me that in a few years I would be begging for that time again, I would have told you that you had lost your mind.
Okay, so maybe I'm not wanting that time back again. I like having time to myself during the day. What I don't like is the absolute quiet all day. Seriously. Now I'm very familiar with it because for the first part of my son's life he was non-verbal. There were honestly days where I felt like he didn't know I existed outside of feeding him and changing his diapers. He didn't want me to play with him and was content to live in his own world. The difference is that it killed me back then. I didn't know why and I was in that stage of motherhood where I wanted to enjoy the cute little kid stage. We know why but that's neither here nor there. This time I'm not used to the quiet. By the time 3pm hits, I'm going stir crazy. I can't wait to get my son from school and spend the next few hours focused on him.
I know I need to find a hobby or something. I would love to find a job I could do from home, but those are few and far between. I would love to get a job outside of the home but the limited amount of transportation would be a big issues as well as the fact that I couldn't go in until 9 in the morning and would have to leave by 2:30 or 3 so I could get home for my son. I don't have marketable skills and there is a very real chance that I would have to miss a few weeks worth of work and have many days I would need days off for doctor's appointments in the coming months. Not exactly an employer's dream employee.
All of this is just to say, I'm going crazy! I miss the sound of voices and having friends I could spend time with during the day. I need to get out there so I can meet new people but I don't even know where to start. What does a person do when they have nothing to do?
I'm sure I'll figure it out sooner or later.
|
This entry was posted on 1/13/2009 02:48:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: