Bye Bye 2008. You won't be missed.
1/01/2009 07:22:00 PM | Author: Simply Jen
Just after midnight this morning I jumped in the shower. I was going to before the countdown but I didn't have enough time and my son was really excited about it. While I was in the shower, it occurred to me that I was washing off the last dirt of 2008 and I was so glad to be rid of the year all together. It was not the worst year I've ever had, but the last part of it was like this never ending period of struggling. I'm so glad to call it a new year.
Fresh starts. That's what I'm clinging to. I am determined to make a better year and some great improvements for myself. Heck, I want to try and find myself this year. I'm always going to be the wife and the mom but I know there is some other personality down in there and it's about time I start figuring out who she is. It is going to be a challenge. This whole year is going to be a challenge. We are looking at training and deployment for my husband, new therapies and school challenges for my son, and weight loss surgery and being geographically single for me. I know I should be terrified but I have reached the point and state of mind where I'm saying "bring it on." It's about damn time something changes. The therapies and school things will make my son stronger and more independent. I've watched him growing already and he's so excited. The deployments will be the hardest on us all but it will be ok. We survived the first time so we just have to do the same this time. It's going to be totally different but I know we can do it. The surgery is something I want so bad. I'm ready to be healthy and be able to be the mom my son deserves. I'm just ready for the change.
I don't make resolutions but this year I am setting some goals. When I figure them all out, I might share them. All I do know is that I am not going to miss 2008 and am ready to take on the possibilities and challenges of this new year. Hopefully I'll come out of it stronger and healthier.
|
This entry was posted on 1/01/2009 07:22:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: