Is it never enough?
2/03/2007 01:05:00 AM | Author: Simply Jen
I love where I live. It's gorgeous and the weather is usually wonderful. I can go to the beach almost any time of year and there are almost always flowers. I can go to the big city or enjoy my peace and quiet here in the middle of nowhere. With my husband home, it's practically the perfect place to be. Why is it then that I want so badly to be somewhere else?
I was talking to my brother in law the other night and he told me that it was about to snow. I love SC when it snows. It's usually not enough to make too much trouble and for a little while is absolutely gorgeous. I loved lying in my bed and watching flakes fall in the moonlight. I loved the crisp cool feeling when you walk outside. I miss it. To top it off, two of my good friends in Ga. have just had babies. They were with me when I had my son or shortly after and I so wish I could be with them now. It's just driving me insane to not be able to.
Tonight my sister called me and was telling me that she had a king cake and she was trying to figure out how she could get some back to me when she came home. That got us started talking about mardi gras and all the fun things we would always do for it. I never want to live in Louisiana again if I can help it. It's just not for me, but I really would love to be there right now. I would love to be eating a king cake and boudin and all the wonderful foods. I would love to be around the cajun accents and speak. I would love to go to a mardi gras parade and listen to some cajun music.
Why can't I just be happy with my near perfect weather and beautiful scenery?
|
This entry was posted on 2/03/2007 01:05:00 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: