Insert witty title here.
2/05/2007 01:26:00 AM | Author: Simply Jen
You know, I'm not a big football fan. I loved going to the games in high school and college. The energy was great and it was fun to watch the game with a bunch of people.I learned enough about the game that I understand most everything going on. I just haven't found that love for watching it on television. I will usually watch one game a year. I'm sure you can figure out which one. Even then, I only watch the last quarter. With my grandfather here, I was outnumbered so we watched the game. I was shocked to find that I really enjoyed it. I didn't have a favorite team, but I still enjoyed the game. Maybe that means I'm more into it now. Too bad I had to wait until the end of the season to find out.
We went to look at new televisions tonight. We had rearranged the furniture after my hubby returned and it is a little hard to see from the couch farthest away. Also the screen resolution isn't all that great and games we play with any darkness are hard to see. This TV is one we bought from a hotel for a few dollars because they were upgrading. It's a 20" and probably at least 6 years old. My son has the same kind in his room. It was the one my dad bought when I was pregnant because I was on bed rest and he wanted me to have something easier to see than the 13" I had. Paying for a new television is an odd concept to me. I don't need bells and whistles. It's just not a big deal. So we are going simple and getting a 32" one. Might now seem like much to most of you, but I'm darn thrilled.
I have realized I'm adapting to life here quite well. No matter where I live, I seem to pick up different traits quite quickly. Most of them are related to the way I speak. I grew up in Louisiana so I had a bit of the cajun accent and many sayings that my husband had never heard before. The time I spent in Georgia gave me a bit more of a southern accent than I had before. South Carolina just sealed the deal and I have been told I have a fairly strong southern accent. I also picked up the habit of calling everyone hon and sweetie. I get picked on about that a good bit. Well, it was only a matter of time before I picked up something here. The Hawaiians' have a habit of saying "yeah" at the end of their sentences. They will say something like "You've been here before, yeah?" I have definitely picked that up. I use it quite often and a lot of the time I don't even notice. Maybe I'll learn to fit in a little more soon. Now if only I could stop looking like I don't know what the sun is.
This had to be one of my most random posts in a very long time. I guess I just had a lot going through my head. Unfortunately,it's now a little on the empty side so I will stop. Maybe that's fortunately. I'll let you decide.
|
This entry was posted on 2/05/2007 01:26:00 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: