I'm back
2/27/2007 03:37:00 PM | Author: Simply Jen
Did you miss me? Come on, you know you did. You were just sitting there wondering what you were going to do if you had to do another day without my wonderful sense of humor and engaging rambles. Ok,so I'm nowhere near that conceited. I would love to think that everyone missed me terribly, but the ones that matter most did and that's more than enough.
Life is going well. Nothing terribly exciting. My grandfather left. My husband went to his conference. It had him leaving every morning before we were awake and getting home after my son was in bed. Talk about confusing for the poor kid. He had one day where he cried and cried over every little thing. The bus driver and I had to coax him onto the bus crying that morning. It was really hard because he just didn't get that his dad wasn't really gone again and didn't know how to express that so it spilled over to everything. Thankfully it was better the next day which just happened to be Valentine's Day.
Now that day was something else. The day before I had fun shopping for my guys and then decorating the living room. It looked like a crazy classroom with all of the hearts. My son was in heaven and walked around saying "Happy Valentine's Day" over and over again. The next day, while he was at school, I brought out a bunch of mylar balloons and placed them in the hall and next to the table in the living room. On the table, I set out little toys and some candy for him and on the other side some candy and a few little things I bought my husband. Unfortunately, I started feeling very bad not long before my son came home. Apparently I caught the cold my son and husband had the week before and the weekend before valentine's day. It was one of those fun ones that hits suddenly and knocks you on your butt. By the time my husband was able to get home, I just want to go to bed.
The next day was a blast. I was ok as long as I was drugged up on cold meds. We met my husband in Waikiki for lunch and then we headed out to Bellows AFB to a luau that the batallion was having. It was a welcome home part of sorts. I fully expected to be bored and miserable, but the weather was nice the location was just amazingly beautiful and when they brought out the entertainment and that was just amazing. They had a group that performed different tahitian and hawaiian dances. It was so neat to see them and hear the stories that went with them. At the end, they brought some of the men, mostly NCO's and the senior officers up and were having them hula. That was HILARIOUS! I so wish I had a video camera.
That weekend my husband and I had a much needed date. That is about all of the excitment that has happend lately. Last week was incredibly quiet and absolutely wonderful!!
I will hopefully have something more interesting for my next post. I just wanted to let those who were worried know that everything was ok.
|
This entry was posted on 2/27/2007 03:37:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On 11:33 AM, February 28, 2007 , Anonymous said...

Glad to see you're back!!!