Everyone knows it's windy
2/01/2007 03:11:00 AM | Author: Simply Jen
It is so windy today. It sounds as if my house is about to be blown over and the trees definitely look as though they are about to snap. I remember when it was like this last year. My fence fell over and trash was blown everywhere. I can still see where the shingles were blown off a house down the walkway. Aside from the wind, it's a gorgeous day here in paradise. High 70's and sunny. The wind makes the sun not feel so hot. I'm hoping that hubby will get home in time for us to go get some pictures at the beach. I have a feeling the waves are looking awesome. Even in all of this beautiful weather, I can't help but be jealous of my inlaws who are about to get snow. I don't miss the mess that comes with it, but there is just something about looking out the window and seeing the world covered in white. I especially love it before it has begun to melt and everyone has tried driving through it. I remember hubby and I going out in the middle of the night just to be in the snow before the rest of the world decided to wake up and play.
Life is getting back to normal, whatever that means. The kid is back in school and hubby has a pretty regular work schedule going on. My grandfather has decided to make another surprise visit only this time I didn't even get the 3 day notice I did last time. Thankfully, he is able to keep himself busy and can wait until tomorrow to join us. He is retired navy so he stays on the base and visits with other retirees and such or he'll catch a bus down to the tourist traps and walk around. I'm really looking forward to visiting with him tomorrow.
Well the power just went out again. Last time it barely had time to register it was out before it came back on. Doesn't really look like that will be the case this time. I really should go dig up a phone that isn't cordless in case someone important tries to call...yeah..ok so just in case I get bored and want to call someone.
oh well. I'm off to find something to do that doesn't require electricity.

Ok..thought I'd add that we were without power for almost 8 hours. Got old fast. Everything is back up and in running order for now. The wind is a little calmer but not much. Fun Fun.
|
This entry was posted on 2/01/2007 03:11:00 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: