Rambling
7/03/2007 03:46:00 PM | Author: Simply Jen
I've become the person that constantly regrets leaving their house without their camera. It never fails that I find something I wish I had my camera for. I swear I need to have it permanently attached to my hand or something. Last night we went to a little town not far from here to grab something to eat at this place we'd heard about. Before we even made it out of the housing are, I told my husband I was going to regret not having my camera. He offered to go back and get it but the batteries are dead so it didn't really matter. Sure enough there were about a million things that I wanted to take a picture of. That doesn't surprise me considering we were heading towards a place that has gorgeous sunsets and the most amazing beach view. For those of you familiar with the area, we were headed down Kam Hwy towards Haleiwa.
I'm really looking forward to tomorrow. They are having a big carnival thing on post and we are going. I don't know if I mentioned this already. Hubby has flag duty and apparently they bring out the really nice flag for the 4th so it's a bigger to do. I can't wait. Another thing I can't wait for is to try the different foods there. They advertised Thai, Korean, and all sorts of other foods. I have been wanting to try a lot of them so maybe this is my chance. I think my son will love the rides. I'm not sure if we will stay there for the fireworks. It's supposed to have one of the biggest displays on the island but I know it will be so crowded. I guess we will have to see. I'm thinking that we won't head over until just before hubby has flag duty that way we aren't there all day and we can spend time enjoying all the fun stuff afterwards. Either way it will be fun.
This will be the first year in a long time that we are really celebrating. Last year he was in Iraq and I didn't really get to do anything. The year before that he was in AIT so we didn't get to celebrate either. I'm really looking forward to this. It's going to be fun. I'm finding I'm much more patriotic since he joined the military. I guess I just get it more now. The coolest thing about tomorrow is that the concerts and fireworks are being broadcast live to the soldiers in Iraq. One of the big divisions here is deployed so they are trying to do something special for it. Family members of the deployed soldiers are really getting a lot of benefits tomorrow as well. I'm glad they will be. It really seems to make a difference when the bigger units are deployed. They did very little when my husband's unit was deployed. Oh well. Progress is a good thing.
Ok so I must have a rambling problem today. I'm going to go find something better to do with my time.
|
This entry was posted on 7/03/2007 03:46:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: