Happy 4th
7/05/2007 03:22:00 PM | Author: Simply Jen
I hope everyone had a fun filled fourth. I know that we did. We went to the "spectacular" they had on post. As I mentioned in my last post, hubby had flag duty, so we decided to go up there about 1:00 since he had to be there for 3:15. It was so hot out there. The actual temperature wasn't that bad, but the sun was killer. Even my son, who will let himself get sick before saying he's hot, was asking for an umbrella. We played some games and had a picture taken. He got his face painted with fireworks, but wanted it taken off not long after that. When we started getting hot and wanted a break, we grabbed some food and headed to the car to enjoy the air conditioning in it. My son had cheese pizza. That was no surprise. My husband and I wanted to try some of the different stuff so we did a lot of sharing and had some to bring home too. We were going to try thai food, but there wasn't anything there that looked appetizing at the moment. The only thing they had really was yellow curry hamburger or something like that. We did grab some spring rolls from them. They were yummy. We also tried some vegetable and pork lumpia which I think is a Filipino version of a spring roll. We tried the banana lumpia and I have to say YUMMY. It was all delicious. I had some Hawaiian steak and hubby had some garlic shrimp which is also pretty popular on the island. It was all so yummy.
By the time hubby had to go to formation, we were cooled off enough to walk around and play a few more games. It ended up taking a lot longer for hubby so my son and I spent the last half hour in the car. It started getting more crowded and even hotter. We had fun. My son and I played with this snake and guitar he got. As soon as the flag was done, we came home and relaxed for a few hours.
About an hour before it was time to start, we headed back to post to go to the fireworks show. There were so many people there. After finding my sister, we went and found a place for all of us to sit for the show and staked our claim. We just stayed there until it started. I decided to take a few pictures and will post a few of them at this. All in all not too bad for my first time. The show was nice. My son loved it. I was disappointed because they hyped it up so much that I just expected more. It was still fun though. Not sure if we will go there next year or what. All in all it was a great day and I am glad we were all together.
I changed my mind. I'll add fireworks photos in a new post later today.
|
This entry was posted on 7/05/2007 03:22:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: