Marriage
9/10/2006 07:08:00 AM | Author: Simply Jen
Marriage is hard work. Yes, I know I sound like a broken record. I guess I'm just having one of those nights where I'm reminded how hard it is. Especially when you are trying to make it work from opposite sides of the world. Oh I'd like to have thought that because we have such a strong marriage that we would be immune to the woes of separation strain, but the truth is no one is. I don't care what they say. Every marriage is going to have at least one time where it's hard when being separate for that length of time. If they don't, I have to wonder if something isn't quite right. Marriage was made for the couple to be together. It goes against the fundamental ideas of it to split the couple up for such a long time and expect there to be no conflict. I just hate being reminded of that. I wish sometimes I could fool myself into believing we're together and it's all alright, but sometimes it's not and it hurts. I'm so glad it's almost over. Then marriage will pose a new set of issues, but I'm to busy dealing with the now ones to even think about those.
|
This entry was posted on 9/10/2006 07:08:00 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On 7:46 AM, September 10, 2006 , Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that you have hit a rough spot, but you are right... you are going to have them.

It sucks. Especially when you have to depend on a shaky internet connection or an always too short phone call to work it out. And you don't even get the "benefits" of making up.

 
On 8:40 AM, September 12, 2006 , Amy said...

{{hugs}}