Soul of a poet
7/28/2006 05:45:00 PM | Author: Simply Jen
My husband has the soul of a poet and I am so blessed to reap the benefits of it. I received this email yesterday...
I just wanted to tell you how much I love you, but I can't exactly find the words to express something that deep. I know you understand, because I can feel that same love coming from you to me. That overwhelming sense of belonging, joy, peace, and completeness that you feel with me is the same that I feel for you. We truely do love each other the same. It is a love that goes beyond human understanding because it comes from God Himself. We truely are a rare thing.. we are soul mates. As if one soul in two bodies.. but even our flesh has become one. You and I are no longer individuals but one. Like two rivers, once they join, you can not seperate their waters. After they have joined you can not say that this water belongs to the Euphrates or that water belongs to the Tigris. They are as inseperable as you and I. And although we have been seperated by the miles.. our hearts and souls are still as one heart and one soul.
So, I love you not only with all of my heart and soul... I love you with all of our heart and soul.

Needless to say, I balled like a baby. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful husband and to know that I feel exactly the same way he does. For someone who had no words, he sure did a wonderful job of finding some.

I do have to admit something though. I'm scared. The closer we get to reuniting, the more I have this since of panic. What if I'm not what he remembers? What if we don't click as well as we did before or while he was home on R&R? It's been almost two years since we've had any semblance of a normal life together and I'm really scared I won't know how to do it anymore. The last thing I want in this world is to lose this man who means the world to me. How ironic that I'm more scared of losing him after he comes home than I have been of losing him to the war.
|
This entry was posted on 7/28/2006 05:45:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On 12:04 PM, July 30, 2006 , Anonymous said...

Hi Jen,

I think that everyone has those feelings as redployment comes near. My husband and I, during his last tour, were both scared to death that we would find ourselves unable to go back to where and what we were, and we had been married 11 years at that point. And you know, we were different, but within an hour of his being in the house, it felt like he had never left. I think going into it with ne expectations was what made for a smoth transition for us.