Just hit pause
3/11/2007 05:08:00 PM | Author: Simply Jen
I'm having one of those pause button moments. You know, one of those times you want to hit pause and have life be just like this moment for a while. My husband is home and he and my son are outside playing with light sabers. It's gorgeous outside. Just enough sun to make it beautiful and enough overcast to keep it cool. It's one of those moments that just feels great.
This pause feeling actually was brought on by my son. He didn't do anything special, but earlier he was standing in front of me and I couldn't help but see that he is starting to grow up. I knew he was growing up but there is a new something in his face that just got to me. I can't help but wonder where my baby has gone. I have that feeling in the pit of my stomach that I'm about to lose all of those moments that make my day so special. Pretty soon he will not want my kisses or hugs as much, if ever. Soon he will be embarassed at my calling him my little man and telling him I love him in front of other people. Soon he will not want to snuggle with me and watch cartoons. This breaks my heart. I know I have to get over it, it's just hard. It all just seems to be happening too fast.
Other than this, things are most wonderful this weekend. The weather washed out our plans to go to the zoo and I think I was more disappointed than my son was. Instead my sister and her guy came over and we watched movies, drew on the sidewalk with chalk, ate amazing Italian food while enjoying the cool outside air, and played several games. I haven't laughed so much in a long time. We are hoping to be able to do the zoo next weekend.
|
This entry was posted on 3/11/2007 05:08:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: