Disappointment as usual
3/13/2007 04:31:00 PM | Author: Simply Jen
My son is about to get a two weeks off of school and I was hoping that my husband would be able to take a few days off of work so we could go camping. No such luck. Instead we are going camping this weekend. I know I should be glad that we get to go at all, but I am disappointed. I really wanted us to have a few days with no worries to just be a family. I feel like I'm doing what I always have to do. Squeezing in a little family time in the midst of the all consuming military life. Three days..that's all I'm asking for people. Three days. I'm tired of feeling like I'm asking too much by just asking for that.
eh...I'll get over it. I always do. One of these days I'll hopefully get to the point where I'm no longer disappointed by things like this.
Oh and I found out today that I won't be getting to go to the ball in May. I am really disappointed. I was looking forward to getting to be a princess for a night. At least I already have my prince, even if he'll be gone for the month. It will be another Mother's Day and Anniversary alone, but that part I'm really used to. At least this year he'll be home a day after our anniversary. Every other year it's been months. Gotta love this military life.
A funny bit of military routine where my hubby is. I'm not sure if it's Army policy or just the way his unit does it but, when the Commanding officer enters the building for the first time of the day and as he leaves, someone barks a command and everyone in the building stands at attention. It doesn't matter if you are in your office and can't even see. If you can hear it, you're at attention. I got to see this first hand today. It was funny. My sister and I were in my husband's office when we hear someone bark some command and my husband jump up from his seat and stand at attention. A few seconds later he mutters something about being told to carry on and sits back down. We were so confused until he explained. Gotta love someone being there to yell at everyone to pay attention to you.
|
This entry was posted on 3/13/2007 04:31:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: