It was fun!
3/19/2007 06:49:00 PM | Author: Simply Jen
First off I want to yell at the top of my lungs "PLEASE MAKE THE ITCHING STOP!!!!!"
This weekends camping adventure left me with a sunburn. While I'm thrilled it doesn't sting anymore, the extreme itching is making me a little nuts. I had forgotten how bad a sunburn could itch. My husband has to be getting tired of me asking him to scratch my back every time I see him.
The camping was a ton of fun. I really loved the place we went camping. The campsites are very affordable and they had bathrooms and showers near by. next time I want to be a little closer to the beach, but we did wait until the last minute to make the reservations so I am certainly not complaining. The beach was easily within walking distance. We had so much fun making smores and just being with each other. I had bought an over sized camp chair for me but it was loved by everyone and I sat it in less than most. My sister seemed to claim it for herself and I didn't have the heart to kick her pregnant butt out of it. My favorite part of the trip was after the sun went down and the stars came out. My son would come climb in my lap and we would spend time looking at the stars. I think we will be repeating that experience here at home as much as possible.
My poor son was coughing when we picked him up from school Friday and just seemed to get worse. He has a nasty little cold but was so amazing this weekend and had a lot of fun.
Saturday afternoon we went to the beach. I have some pictures I'll put up later. It was so much fun. Since we moved here, I've only been in the water maybe twice where the water was higher than my knees. The beach we go to usually is very rocky and my ankle usually gets all twisted and feet cut up. The waves are also so violent I can't keep my feet. The beach where we were was so amazing!!! The bottom was all sand. Soft wonderful sand. There were some nice sized waves but they were the kind you have fun jumping over and even occasionally getting smacked in the back of the head with. If you lost footing, it was easy to regain and we just had a blast. My son spent the entire time in my husband's arms because he is so small but they still had a blast. He would keep saying "I'll save you, Mommy. Take my hand and I'll save you." It was so sweet. As of now, the plan is to head back to the beach next Saturday morning to spend the day out there. I'm really looking forward to it!
Today is our recovery day. Well, for me and my son it is. My husband had to go back to work. My son is out of school for the next two weeks because of spring break. Right now he is laying around because he is tired and I am not going to complain. So far my plans for the week are to clean my house, wash the tons of laundry I have waiting and move the furniture in my living room. The damp Hawaii air and my couch being between two windows are just not a good combination. Hopefully my son will feel better so I can make play dates with some of the kids in the neighborhood for him and we can spend some time on the playground and making driveway art. Hopefully the weather will cooperate. I'm hoping that one day my husband will be able to get off early enough that we can go see some sea turtles. There is a spot I've been wanting to go to for a very long time now that is popular with sea turtles.
For now I'm going to be content to relax. Have to take advantage of the moment. Hope everyone's week is off to a good start.
|
This entry was posted on 3/19/2007 06:49:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: