Adjusting
12/18/2008 08:59:00 AM | Author: Simply Jen
When we moved here we knew that the winter was going to require some big adjustments for us. I was so confident we wouldn't have any issues with adjusting to the cold then we got here and I was sure I would freeze to death. It wasn't the cold as much as the wind. Well I'm here and it's cold and guess what, I'm not frozen to death. Don't get me wrong, it's cold. This morning it was 19 degrees when I brought my son to school and the ground is covered in several inches of snow for the third day in a row. In a few hours we are expecting some freezing rain. So as I was walking home from the school and had to stop to let traffic pass. Someone offered to let me cross but the snowy/slushy road is slippery so I let them go because it was almost bell time and they were dropping kids off. I didn't want to slow them down or to hurry myself and bust my butt. As I was standing there I realized that it didn't feel all that cold. I looked up at the big sign and saw that it was 19 degrees and was shocked. Sure, if it was windy it would have felt colder but, coming from 80 degree weather on average even this time of year, it should have felt worse. Now I'm not sure if I will get as used to the snow that doesn't go away but I'm trying. I will say we need to get a snow shovel. We are just used to snow that melts the day after it falls.
Just as I'm getting used to this we are leaving to warmer weather. I was talking to my sister so I could get the weather in SW Louisiana for next week. Her husband is a meteorologist and is a really good one so I trust him way more than the weather channel. He's in the background when she asks him about the weather and I hear him say "Cold on Sunday and Monday then moderate the rest of the week." I asked my sister what cold meant because it was in the teens here at the time. He responded with in the 40's. I remember when that used to be cold. In fact my other sister is coming from Florida and to her that is cold. Definitely going to be interesting. I'm getting excited for the holidays and not going to think about the fact that they might have a white Christmas here.
|
This entry was posted on 12/18/2008 08:59:00 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: