phobias
11/22/2008 06:38:00 PM | Author: Simply Jen
Most people have at least one phobia and some people have what seems to be a never ending supply of them. I can honestly say that I have two. One of them I have had for so long I don't remember when it started. I am claustrophobic. I know there are people who are more so than I am but it is still definitely there. My second phobia is one that I have no idea where it came from or when it even started. Hawaii is where I first remember it showing up but I don't know why it would pick there to start. All I know is that right now it threatens to drive me a little insane.
What is this thing that can stop me dead in my tracks and apparently induce panic attacks in a grown woman? A mouse. No matter how tiny it is the second one is mentioned I start getting jittery and hearing noises where there are none. I see one and that's it. I'm frozen. So what shows up in our nice new home, a mouse. I had seen pest control at my neighbors (we live in a duplex)earlier in the week but I didn't think much of it. They have lived here longer and our place was sprayed right before we moved in. Now I'm wondering if this isn't why he was there. You can bet your butt I will be calling Monday to try and gt one out here. Now I know it's a part of life, especially in colder weather, but it's a part of life I can do without. When I saw the mouse last night I spent the entire evening in a state of panic. I couldn't force myself to move off the couch and seriously felt like I was going to be sick. I ended up having a panic attack. We put poison down. If you are into humane things, sorry. At least it's not one of those horrible traps. I just can't handle it. Does that make me a big baby?
|
This entry was posted on 11/22/2008 06:38:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: